Check this page to follow the activities and planning of the Innovative Ministries Team
By providing a resource of support and creative thought, we aim to inspire new expressions of meaningful communities.
We create opportunities for positive change that move the church forward to a place of significance while acknowledging our tradition and community identity.
We advocate for young adults and for opportunities that empower their visions and passions, resulting in a broader dialogue between diverse populations and church leadership; critical to the success of the Community of Christ.
With leadership development as a core value, we will provide experiences that develop individuals to serve through skills training and personal growth opportunities.
– Innovative Ministries Team (2014)
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
- Working with church leadership on future priorities given budget circumstances
- Planning the YA Leaders Retreat for March 6-8, 2015 at Bluewater Campgrounds, MI
- Supporting the development of the Community of Christ smartphone app!
- Our team’s purpose, vision, and place within the Community of Christ
- Creating liaisons with other CofC World Church Teams
- Providing training and resources for YA Ministers (watch the 2014 YA Ministers Gathering 2.0 produced by Community Place+ here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/innovative-ministries)
- Planning meaningful events to promote active peace and justice ministries in the church.
In response to the recommended action from the Vision Project, a Young Adult Ministries team was formed and is intended to serve as a support to the YA Ministries Specialist at International Headquarters, an advisory team to the First Presidency, and a strategic planning and advocate team for Young Adult Ministries.
Currently our core team members are:
Ben Smith (Melbourne, VIC Australia)
Noelle Gaffka (Mount Pleasant, MI USA)
Alfredo Zelaya-Martinez (Toronto, ON Canada)
Alicia Mitchell (Bendigo, VIC Australia)
Tiona Taylor (Toronto, ON Canada)
Rachelle Smalldon (Vancouver, BC Canada)
We want to work with you! Contact us by email or via social media to talk with us about how we can work together. This is OUR team. This is OUR community.
Follow what we’re up to, share posts and ideas, contribute your own.